Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer Series 5K - 19:57 Goal was 18:59

Really slow 5K this weekend 19:57! I did go for a 10. 2 mile run with just over 4 miles of that straight up South Mountain. For some reason I felt like crap the rest of the day.


I didn't wear my KSOs; great article on barefoot running. 

Just finished reading another book by David Sedaris; Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim:

Sedaris did it again by writing down some of the funnier parts of our everyday lives that most of us wouldn't capture. Now Sedaris pulls from a strange set of family years, but I think most of us can relate to the stories which make them that much funnier!

One of the best chapters is called "Six to Eight Black Men. I will have to Google this to see if it is true, but there couldn't have been a funnier Christmas Story. I'm pretty sure it is in another one of his books, or maybe I've read this one before and remember it, but none-the-less my side was hurting from the laughter!

You will love the stories as they twist and turn so that you have a splitting side from Sedaris' views on life. The details of being kicked out of his family house, how his education was paid for from 'Aunt Monie, his secret crush on a boy that hit him with a rock resulting in the need for a root canal, to the vocabulary of a parrot, a mother who locked her children out of the house for some peace and quiet and much more. Each story will keep you turning the pages.

I recommend this book fully, but the only thing you will be left wanting from this book is more; it goes quickly so checking it out from a library may save you some bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment