Monday, January 3, 2011

Across the Years 24 Hour Race

I was able to calculate my cost per mile for the year and it ended up being only 67 cents a mile.  See this post for all the details.  The total miles for 2010 was 3218 and I spent $2149 for the year.  I've got to buy some winter running clothes next year so I can run in the Chicago winter, plus I'm really wanting a new Garmin that is waterproof; this 405 is driving me crazy.  I'm planning to take some time off and build up over the next couple of years. 
Had a great time at the Across the Years 24 Hour Race in Buckeye AZ.  It is always easy to say how much fun it was when it is over, but it is true.  We had some cold weather that drove me inside my sleeping bag for about 4 hours, but other than that it was fun to get through the miles.  I was able to bag 82.2 miles for a pace of 17:31 per mile.  I had some help from a great guy Boone, who helped keep my mind off the cold.  Pretty happy about the year in total; 3,218 miles or an average of 8.82 miles per day.  I plan on taking a rest in 2011, then build over the next couple years as I learn the Chicago area.

I think most of you probably follow Tony's blog, but if not check out his yearly total

No comments:

Post a Comment