Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Taper before KM100 - Goal time 17 hours 59 minutes/National Runnnig Day/Communte Number One

Celebrate National Running Day

It has been some time since I've posted.  I just have not been running or racing like I have in the recent past and it will probably show in my race performace this weekend yet I still love the challenge and love to get out there and push the body.  I cannot wait to push myself to a 62 mile finish.  This is an out and back course, so it will not be easy to quit, which is exactly what I need.  I'm a little pissed that it is scheduled to rain, but what the heck. 

One thing I did today is take the train, which is good for the enviroment and saves me a few bucks along the way!  I would love to think I will do that 50 times this year, but that is probably lofty dreaming.  At least it may motivate me to post some thoughts and my training.  The other great thing about taking the train is that it forces me to almost four miles of running/walking with my pack.  It is just about a mile to the train station from where I live and to my job, so both ways it is almost 4 miles; good for the body as well as the earth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment