Saturday, May 8, 2010

Give back and get a free race. Rio Vista 8K//71 miles for the week...

I volunteered at the local 8K for about 4 hours and received a free race in the future.  I enjoyed helping out, but didn't feel like I was a part of the race.  They had me working from start to finish and couldn't get involved in the race, but still I feel it is a very important part of the sport.  Sometimes you have to sit the race out and give back.  I would have loved to run the course, but it was fun meeting a few people and learning about the timing machine as we took it apart to put into the van. 

I ran 8 miles in 1:11 just under a 9 minute pace.  My back is still giving me a lot of trouble.  I don't know what to do about it? 

Good new the census called me and I will be able to accept a job and take the $15 dollars an hour for 4-6 weeks of work (maybe 20 hours a week).  We need it with all the money we are spending on our house. 

I cannot wait to go on vacation with my little boy.  I'm taking him to Oklahoma next week!  It should be a lot of fun and a test to see if I can take care of him all by myself for three full days! 

I bought some REALLY good beer called Stone IPA, and is it some good beer!  I'm enjoying it right now. 

I had a good week of running, 71 miles for the week.  I need the high miles due to several days of planned no running.

No comments:

Post a Comment