Friday, May 21, 2010

Lisa Smith-Batchen attempt at 50 mi/50 states/50 days! DNI sacked!


Big news to talk about, but first is the incredible feat that Ultra legand Lisa Smith-Batchen is taking on.  She is more than half way through with the first ever attempt at 50 miles/50 states in 50 days.  Move over Dean, this is the real deal.  This blog tells the whole story. 

Only a few hours before I start my 12 night run.  I'm at 30 miles for the week already and with whatever I get tonight it should make for a pretty good week.  Also, I should crack 200 for the month tonight since I'm sitting at 157 right now. 

Big news in my career field.  My number one boss was sacked yesterday.  Here is an interest article on the subject.  Dennis had a very tough job.  Here is his statement yesterday.

It is with deep regret that I informed the President today that I will step down as Director of National Intelligence effective Friday, May 28th.

I have had no greater honor or pleasure than to lead the remarkably talented and patriotic men and women of the Intelligence Community.

Every day, you have worked tirelessly to provide intelligence support for two wars and to prevent an attack on our homeland.

You are true heroes, just like the members of the Armed Forces, firefighters, and police whose job it is to keep our nation safe.

Your work over the past 16 months has made the Intelligence Community more integrated, agile, and representative of American values. Keep it up – I will be cheering for you.


Dennis C. Blair

Found this picture; how does it make you feel?  Very interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment