Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back to back "Long Runs"

Had a nice run yesterday up in the mountains.  One mile was 23 minutes followed by 20 minutes, which tells you how steep the climb was, and how tired I was. All in all I got in 14.5 miles in just under 3 hours.  It was a nice way to end the week that resulted 66 miles.  Just a few more weeks of high miles then time to rest for JJ100.

Today I got in another 13.6 miles mostly on the roads, but still averaged 10:23 per mile.  I'm feeling very sluggish, but going to focus on getting in even more miles so that I have something to tapper from.  Maybe I'm a fool for doing Mt. Lemmon a week before JJ100, but I don't want to miss such a wonderful course right in my backyard.  It is rare to be within one hour of a race that is called the "toughest one" in the country and only all uphill marathon.  I plan to take it easy during the race and not do much else the week before and the final week before JJ100.  Who knows, and the results will prove itself. 

I'm pretty happy with my monthly miles so far.  I'm sitting at just over 168 miles and may be able to get in over 300 miles for the first time in my life.  I've gotten 294 before, but never 300. 

No comments:

Post a Comment