Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Making my pick for World Cup - Brazil//260 miles for the month!

Pretty good month even though I had about seven days off and suffered some bad back pain.  I was able to get in 260 miles this month with two weeks over 80 miles.  I hope to do about the same next month!  I can tell I'm a little tired and even though I said this last year, I really think I am going to take some time off next year.  I've had a pretty good run over the past several years getting 1700 miles in 2008 and 2700 miles in 2009 and I've already passed the 1400 mile mark for this year and look forward to meeting my goal of 100 miles in Oct and having fun at the 24 hour race on New Years Eve, but after that I think I will have little to prove.  Maybe rest a little when I'm 39 and hit it hard when I'm a fresh "master" runner! 

Making my pick for the World Cup Champions; Brazil.  Check out this nice picture!  Now who cannot be excited about the World Cup?  I give it to these incredible athletes.  I could not do an hour and half of intervals and kick a ball around like this.  I've heard some pundits on Fox News who exclaim that these are not real athletes and that they fake a lot as a part of the strategy, but I disagree!  They have my full respect and I find the games exciting, yet can not pull myself to watch more than about 10 minutes at a time, but do enjoy the highlights and following the brackets.

Found some cool pictures from WS100; Tony sure looks cool with the beard.  I hope I can look as cool as he does!  Funny that several of my wifes friends say I look so old.  Maybe being outside and running so many miles ages us ultra runners.  Tony looks pretty old in these pictures, but I think he is younger than I am (38).

The new course record of 15:07 was posted by Geoff Roes and this years ladies champion posted here is Tracy Garneau from Canada; she posted a respectable time of 19:01.

I paid my entry fee for my next ultra that will be held on Sep 25/26; Javelina 12 Hour Night Run.  It seems so far away, but I have a lot going on in my life in Jul/Aug, to include moving to a new city, so I think time will fly by and I will not miss running races, plus the brutal temperatures here in Phoenix makes running an ultra a very bad idea.  Anyway the 12 hour night run will be perfect training since it is about a month out from the 100 miler and on the same course!   

No comments:

Post a Comment