Friday, February 26, 2010

Won A Free Race - Arizona Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon ($55 Value)

My replacement at the Army job is coming and will be ground no later than 2 August 2010.  Check out what he will be up to until then.  Does that news article hurt my self esteem?  I know that a monkey can do my job, but do they have to rub it in and send one that also has a smoking/drinking problem.  Well I hope my Soldiers like him and I hope he treats them well. 

March is going to be a great month for running.  I have a full schedule.  On 6 March I have OP50, then I'm going to be sweeping the course at the Mesquite Canyon Trail on 20 March, and finally on 28 March I'll be enjoying the fruits of winning a writing contest and run the Arizona Distance Classic 1/2 Marthon.   I didn't know much about this Distance Classic Race, but I took a look at the website and last years results and see that in the half marathon there were 938 finishers.  This is a pretty big race to say the least!


The writing essay that allowed me to win the free race entry can be found here.  The race is in Oro Valley and from Interstat 10 take the Tangerine Road Exit and turn east and go about 13 miles to Innovation Park Drive and turn into the north Parking lot.  Here is a Google Map .  I'm going to have to leave the house at about 3 am to get there on time and to pick up the race packet from 5-6am.  Last year there were so many people, so I want to be ready and not be stressed.  Sounds like a nice month of March planned!  April will be slow with only one race planned, then one in May, but things may pop up?
View Larger Map

Here is a great article about my first running love of Hashing.    It has been a long time since I've been out Hashing, and a lot of it is that I know how much I LOVE to drink and how I don't want to get out of control and drink and drive like I use to do when I was running with the SFHHH.  It sure was a good time and if I had more self control I would love to get back out there and Hash a little.  Also, my wife really doesn't respect the club, because when we first started dating over 13 years ago I was big into it and she saw some of my running outfits/pictures and stories and was not impressed.  Even though the people are usually outstanding citizens, they are into a lot of drinking, nudity and general debauchery.  Maybe in another life.

No comments:

Post a Comment