Friday, March 5, 2010

Ready for Old Pueblo 50 Miler Tomorrow (Day Five Leaving Car at Work)

Ready or not I leave for OP50 at about 1:30 am to pick up my race packet and get ready for the 6am start to another journey that will take me along 50 miles of Arizona trails.  I love the nervous feeling that comes before a big effort, also love doing a new race.  There is 7,000 feet of climbing (and decent) in this race, which is not too bad, but it is fun to not really know what to expect. 

I ran home and back to work 3.8 mi each way:
46:35
38:47

Still taking it easy because I'm nervous of my knee; hope not to have a complete blow out that will put me out for several weeks.   The next race that I have really spent big bucks on is on 1 May, so if I have to sit out this race that I won in the writing contest and the race that I volunteered for it will just have to do it.  I also really don't like to see my milage slip, because I wanted to break 3000 miles for the year and if I keep having low miles or days off I will never make the mark.  I may have to accept that 2009 was one of the best years of my life and a year that will be hard to top. 

I got in a nice swim last night 1000 yds in 16:32, and 2.8 miles in 30:42 (I know so very slow, so let us just call it a taper run). 

No comments:

Post a Comment